If you would like to continue your learning and add to your current skills and development – the City and Guilds Professional recognition awards are the next step for you. The awards are offered in industrial, business and professional fields.
Successful learners will be awarded a City & Guilds Award in Professional Recognition at the appropriate level and you will be entitled to use the relevant post-nominal letters after your name.
What are the professional recognition awards?
The Professional Recognition Awards are a vocational route to higher level professional recognition and are:
· Comprehensive – the awards are offered in commercial and professional fields. There are no practical limitations on the areas of employment to which they may be related.
· Progressive – there is a clear line of progression through from Level 4 to Level 7 through the standards.
· Accessible – the awards are open to any candidate who meets the requirements and the standards.
· Competence-based – the awards recognise the practical application of professional skills, knowledge and understanding in employment. They offer an employment-based route to higher level qualifications.
Typical expectations at level 4
· Have first line responsibility for managing day to day activities
· Manage resources in own area of responsibility
· Constructively work with others to develop and maintain good working relationships
· Develop and maintain good customer relationships
· Identify and access opportunities for professional development
· Be able to apply professional standards* in own area of responsibility
· Communicate effectively and manage information in line with organisational and legal requirements
· Consistently meet aims and objectives
· Exercise autonomy and judgement in work role
· Consider the views and perspectives of others in decision making
· Address problems that are well-defined but non-routine
Professional Recognition Award Standards
1. Commitment to Professional Standards
2. Communication and Information Management
4. Professional Development
5. Working with Others
6. Managing Customer Relationships